Hello Patients, Neighbors and Friends,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about appointment protocol that we have instituted to keep patients and staff safe.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked the same questions again when you are in the office and guidelines require that your temperature be taken.
- In order to maintain social distancing, we ask that you call 201-288-2727 to let us know you have arrived. Kindly wait in your vehicle and we will call you when we are ready to seat you in a freshly sanitized operatory. If you do not have a cell phone available, please knock on the office door and a staff member will assist you.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- All appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients that might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you.
- Concerning children appointments : we highly encourage children older than 3 enter our dental suites without a parent or guardian and ask the accompanying adult to wait in their vehicle after escorting the child into our office . If a child's behavior does not permit our staff to comfortably attend to your child's dental needs, we will invite a parent or guardian to accompany the child during treatment. In this scenario, the accompanying adult will be required to wear a face mask ( your own) and a patient apron (we will provide).
- Our office has been equipped with a state of the art air purification system that relies on Ultraviolet Light to manage air being circulated throughout the office. In addition, extra-oral suction machines have been implemented to manage "aerosolization" during dental procedures.
We look forward to seeing you again to and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient safe in our practice.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Bonura (Tony), Lori, Eylem and Nikki